Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Christian Forum

Friendly Christian Forums

Discus specific topics in our friendly Christian forums. 

Should we pray for the devil?

I am listening to a Christian radio station (K-LOVE) and a little while ago a lady came on and requested prayer for the shooter in Ohio.  In my mind (please correct me if I'm wrong) anyone who would arbitrarily shoot a stranger  that he is not officially at war with would be at the very least one of the devil's minions.  Should we pray for the devil or one of his own?  Is it the same as when I pray for the leaders of places such as China for their hearts to be softened and their ears opened to hear GOD'S word?  I've gotten myself confused here.  Thank you for any enlightenment you can give me.

You need to be a member of Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net to add comments!

Join Join the #1 Christian Social Network - ChristiansLikeMe.net

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And you are absolutely correct.  Twould be foolish to pray For satan.  That wasn't my intent, but instead to address her concerns before God.  Should we not pray 'in all things'?  Who knows but God that this murderer may come to know Christ thru her prayers.  The apostle Paul made a career out of killing Christians before he met Christ - but I withdraw.

• Apologies, I was assuming that you were answering the question in the header, about praying for Satan.  However as I said I totally agree with you, and we must never judge another, we never know what happens in a person's heart.  But we have had so many instances of terrorism here in Europe, I don't think that praying for those particular killers will do anything.  They kill in the name of a false god and supposedly, for that god.  We have to choose whilst we are alive, no quantity of prayer can change things after they are dead, something that the Mormons fail to grasp and also many Roman Catholics.  If someone is killed whilst shooting someone in the name of a lesser god, I do not think in those cases one can pray for them.  Sorry we are a little bit raw in the UK at the moment.

• Hi Terry, this is always a confusing issue, we are called to abhor the sin, but love the sinner.  There are two enemies for us a Christians, the world and the devil, the world usually means selfishness, sins of the flesh, worship of money, materialism and the like.  The devil certainly inspires these sorts of things but he also oppresses and possesses people to commit evil acts like this one.  What we also need to remember is that we are ALL subject to the works of Satan, whether that is just whispering lies into our ears, being oppressed or being fully possessed by a demon, there is a person involved that God made.  In these cases all that is needed is intense ministry in order to reveal the person underneath, especially this case, which seems to be a possession.

What we can do is to pray for that person, pray for their deliverance from the bad spirit, pry that someone will see the act as what it is and reach that person through deliverance ministry, that he comes to a faith in Christ.  We have to remember the parable of the workers in the vineyard, no matter when they arrived to work, they were all paid the same.  So no matter when we come to Christ, we all receive the same gift of salvation, even on our death beds or sat in the electric chair.  We must all also remember that to God most sins are regarded the same, no tariff, a sin is a sin.  Look at Moses, he was a murderer, but God used him and he became a patriarch of the Jewish and Christian faith.  We re none of us free of sim Terry, if we say we are without sin, the truth is not in us.  I hope that clears things up  little.

• And we then deceived ourselves and call God a liar and only the truth will set us free? 

• Amen.

• Derek made the point that immediately came to my mind as well. Sin is sin and everyone of is guilty. Until one dies there is an opportunity of amazing grace to crash into the life and they be given faith to be saved. We are all the devil's minions as you put it .... all enemies of God until we are saved. "In while we were yet sinners,, Christ died for us"

• Amen.

• and you know.. scripture says 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

and in Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

• Amen.

• Thank you Annette, I am not familiar with that scripture at least I don't remember it.  But then, not remembering things is my middle name.  LOL  I wasn't thinking of cursing him, but now that I think of it I could be cursing him by not praying for him.  It's amazing to me how someone else's thoughts on a subject can turn my thinking back to where it should have been to begin with.  Thank you as well for your input.  I have some wonderful mentors here. 

This reply was deleted.

Compare drug prices and get free rx coupons at eDrugSearch.com

Your Donations Are Highly Valued & Appreciated

We would greatly appreciate your support of our free Christian social network.

Medi-Share: Affordable Christian Health Insurance